Street parties, cookoffs, concerts, festivals – these events come in all shapes and sizes, and we want to bring more of them to downtown Winnipeg!
As part of our efforts to create a downtown full of people, we’re once again offering our Host It Downtown event grant. With up to $20K available to support new events, to relocate an event to downtown or to expand an existing event, Host It Downtown aims to increase downtown visitation and complement the existing portfolio of events put on by Downtown Winnipeg BIZ. Events can also offer unique experiences not found anywhere else and support the diversity of the community.
How can you benefit from a Host It Downtown grant?
- Receive funding to turn your event idea into reality
- Benefit from downtown’s vibrant public and private spaces as your backdrop
- Gain support from the downtown community
- Event must take place within the Downtown Winnipeg Business Improvement Zone (PDF Map)
- Event must be open to the public and have more than one funding source.
Who can apply?
- Non-profit organizations
- Downtown Winnipeg BIZ member businesses
- Businesses outside of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
- Individual event organizers
April 14, 2023 – for events occurring May 1 – July 31, 2023
May 31, 2023 – for events occurring Aug 1 – Dec 31, 2023
October 1, 2023 – for events occurring Jan 1 – April 1, 2024
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com