February 10, 2021 Winnipeg, MB
In an effort to continue to bring value to downtown, and to help downtown businesses by holding events safely, the Farmers’ Market will be returning February 11th at Cityplace from 10:00-2:30.
Based on current public health guidelines, the market is safe to open.
We recognize it’s important that we create the safest shopping experience for the public, our vendors and our staff. Which is why the following guidelines will be in place at the Downtown Winnipeg Farmers’ Market:
- Masks are mandatory for anyone visiting Cityplace and anyone in the market spaces. Masks must be worn properly, covering both mouth and nose.
- The market will be operating at 25% of the usual space capacity at all times and limiting entry when needed.
- All handheld POS machines will be wiped down after each use.
- Vendors will be spaced out with a minimum of 2 metres in between booths to give shoppers space to safely move around each other and practice physical distancing.
- Designated entrances and exits have been implemented for proper flow of traffic.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for all customers before entering the market.
- Directional signage on the ground throughout the market spaces have been placed to encourage safe flow of traffic in space.
- All product sampling is suspended.
- Signage is displayed reminding visitors of flu-avoidance etiquette, and to maintain physical distancing.
While we all know how enjoyable it is to visit with our market vendors, we please ask that you come and shop with a purpose and limit your social interactions in the space.
Visit our events page for the Farmers’ Market schedule.