Looking for a summer job opportunity? JOIN THE DOWNTOWN WINNIPEG BIZ STREETSCAPE TEAM!
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
In partnership with Urban Hometown Green Team and as part of the Community Beautification Program Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is currently accepting applications for summer student positions.
We are looking for a hardworking, detail oriented person that loves working outdoors and interested in making a difference in the downtown community.
- Valid Class 5 Full Stage Driver’s License
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather
- Some experience in landscaping, plant care and painting
- Understanding of Safe Work procedures and practices
- Experience operating, cleaning and maintaining small equipment and tools such as utility vehicles, pressure washers, and various hand tools.
- Possess a positive attitude with strong interpersonal, problem solving and customer service skills
- Solid work ethic, dependable, reliable and able to work effectively without supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed
Rate of pay: $12.50 per hour
Hours: This is a full-time position requiring 35 hours per week. Days and shifts vary from Monday to Sunday. Evening and weekend shifts will be required. Actual hours and days will vary depending on operational needs and events. After work/overtime hours may also be required as assigned, as per BIZ policies.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.