The Downtown Winnipeg Farmers’ Market is back indoors on October 8, 2020 at Cityplace!
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ’s popular Farmers’ Market offers fresh and local vegetables and fruits, baking, preserves, meat, fish, cheese, crafts, jewelry, and other food and artisan items.
Find us indoors every second week starting October 8th inside Cityplace. We will be occupying the Farmers’ Market space and the Liquor Mart space.
What We Are Doing
Here are some steps we and our vendors are taking to create a safe market space:
• Masks are mandatory for anyone that enters the market spaces.
• Designated entry and exit points to control the number of customers within the market space, as well as directional signage to encourage safe flow of customers.
• Providing adequate space (minimum six feet) between vendor booths to allow customers to maintain a distance from one another while moving through the spaces.
• We are communicating with our staff and market vendors regularly to reinforce health and safety precautions. We are advising our vendors and staff to stay home if they feel sick.
• Providing customers with hand sanitizer at entrances and exits.
• Signage before you enter the market reminding visitors of flu-avoidance etiquette.
• We are monitoring physical distancing at any given time.
What You Can Do
• Ensure to bring a regulation mask and wear as you shop, as it is mandatory.
• Please follow directional signage on the ground.
• Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly, and avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Washrooms on the main floor are located near the security desk or upstairs in the food court area.
• If you are not able to wash your hands, use an alcohol-based sanitizer. We will have hand sanitizer available at the entrances and exits.
• Shop early to avoid the lunchtime rush.
• Do not handle any items you do not intend to buy. Wash your produce thoroughly.
• If you are sick or vulnerable, please stay home and take care of yourself.
• Please be mindful of others personal space and stay 6 feet apart.
For the current Vendor List for each Downtown Winnipeg Farmers’ Market, please visit our facebook page.
Updated September 23 – We are not currently accepting applications for new vendors for the 2020 market season. If we are to open applications, a link will be posted here.
You’ll find the Market indoors at Cityplace from October to May (333 St Mary Ave.) and outdoors from June to September at True North Square (242 Hargrave St.) from 10am-2:30pm on the following dates:
February 13, 27
March 12, 26 – CANCELLED
April 9, 23 – CANCELLED
May 7, 21 CANCELLED
June 4, 11, 18, 25 CANCELLED
July 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
August 6, 13, 20, 27
September 3, 10, 17, 24
October 8, 22
November 5, 19
December 3, 17
Thank you to our 2020 sponsors: