Pedal in the Peg is a public bike rental program launched by the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ in 2014. With the participation of five Downtown locations, Pedal in the Peg offers customers safe, well-maintained convenient bike rentals. The rental includes a lock, helmet, lights, use of bike tools, and cycling maps. The Pedal in the Peg program runs from May through October.
Click on the links below for additional information about the Pedal in the Peg program.
FAQs – Downtown Winnipeg BIZ specific
Safety & Tips – How to Lock Your Bike
Safety & Tips – How to Inflate Your Tires
Safety & Tips – MPI Bike Safely
Rental prices may vary by location. Contact your rental location to confirm rates and availability.
310 Donald Street
Winnipeg, MB, R3B 2H3
City Hall – 311 Desk
Susan A. Thompson Building
510 Main Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 1B9
Delta Hotels by Marriott Winnipeg
250 St. Mary Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 3J2
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 0C9
Rental Form & Waiver – Downtown Winnipeg BIZ 2018
Holiday Inn & Suites Winnipeg Downtown
360 Colony Street
Winnipeg, MB R3B 2P3
- To promote cycling to visitors as a healthy, easy and responsible mode of transportation in Downtown Winnipeg
- To raise the image of the Downtown as inviting and bike-friendly, all the while supporting businesses and tourism in the area.
- Provide additional services to business patrons and to the local office workers that may choose to commute to off-site meetings
- Add more locations to the program each year to increase accessibility
- To partner with hotels in the Downtown to provide visitors the opportunity to experience Downtown Winnipeg by bicycle
- To ensure that visitors to, and users of, the heart of the city have a more positive experience when visiting by bicycle
- To change perceptions and improve the image of Downtown Winnipeg and the Downtown cycling experience
- To expand Pedal in the Peg beyond only hotels to provide Winnipeg with an extensive city-wide bike rental program
For inquiries please contact Tracey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 204.958.4621