April 14, 2015
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PAUSE THE WHITEOUT!
DOWNTOWN BUSINESSES, COMMUNITY MEMBERS & LOCAL CELEBS GO GREEN FOR EARTH DAY CLEAN-UP 2015
Downtown Winnipeg – This just in: the Winnipeg Whiteout will be on a short hiatus on Earth Day, April 22 in honour of GREEN! Over 450 business and community members will hit the streets of downtown Winnipeg for the Downtown BIZ’s 10th annual Earth Day Clean-up, in honour of National Earth Day. Joining them is an all-star roster of local celebrities, including:
- Doug Speirs, Winnipeg Free Press
- Chris D., ChrisD.ca, Managing Editor
- Mike Koncan, Global TV Winnipeg, Reporter
- Brittany Greenslade, Global TV Winnipeg, Reporter
- Shannon Cuciz, Global TV Winnipeg
- Marcy Markusa, CBC Radio One, Host
- Goldie & Goldette, Winnipeg Goldeyes
- Adam West & Energy 106 Street Team, Energy 106
- JD & Vicki, Fresh Radio 99.1
- Jay & Jolene, BIG FM
Downtown business workers, residents and anyone interested are invited to join these local celebrity participants, the BIZ’s Metro Enviro-Team and staff to pick up litter and make our downtown streets more clean and vibrant.
“Spotless, clean and green spaces are important in creating an inviting downtown,” says Stefano Grande, Executive Director of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ. “Our Metro Enviro-Team is on the front lines every day working towards this goal, but it’s extra important to have the support of the community on Earth Day, all working towards a healthy, vibrant downtown neighbourhood.
What: Downtown BIZ Earth Day Clean-up
When/Where: Wednesday, April 22, 2015
- 9:00-11:30AM North Downtown: Thunderbird House, 715 Main Street
- 2:00-4:30PM South Downtown: Millennium Library Park, 251 Donald Street
Volunteers will receive free coffee and donuts from Tim Hortons, colorful bandanas to wear, and cleaning supplies. Participants will also have the chance to win 1 of 2 bikes and gift cards courtesy of Tim Hortons and the first 150 participants at each location will receive a free Tim Hortons travel mug, and a plantable tree. Over 200 Goldeyes tickets are also up for grabs! Organizations and businesses like Telpay, United Way and Delta Winnipeg have already joined the cause!
– 30 –
For more information, contact:
Jason Syvixay, Managing Director
(204) 958-4635; email@example.com