There’s one more great reason to come downtown – to try your hand at a 9-hole mini golf “course” designed to promote downtown Winnipeg businesses and encourage people to get outside and have fun this fall.
Mini Peg Golf, a fun twist on golf developed by the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ and Mart Design Company, encourages Winnipeggers to visit nine participating downtown businesses who will each host a hole during regular business hours. The course opens today and will continue to operate until the seasons change.
“Mini Peg Golf is a fun way to get people exploring downtown while checking out what some of our fabulous local businesses have to offer,” said Downtown Winnipeg BIZ CEO Kate Fenske.
“I’m excited to bring a little bit of fun and whimsy to downtown Winnipeg. Mini Peg Golf combines a little skill with a little chance and is fun for all ages,” said Lucas Pauls, Owner, Mart Design Company.
A golf hole will be located outside each of the nine participating businesses. No clubs or golf skills are required as the game relies on gravity and movement.
Players will enter participating businesses for scorecards, maps and pencils. Golf balls are free with any purchase, or players can purchase a ball for $1.00, with all proceeds going to that business. Players who complete all nine holes have a chance to win some great prizes.
Mini Peg Golf Course:
- Capital Grill & Bar, 100-275 Broadway
- The Fyxx Espresso Bar, 310 Broadway
- Best Western Plus Downtown Winnipeg, 330 York Avenue
- East India Company Pub & Eatery, 349 York Avenue
- Tavern United, 260 Hargrave Street
- Mountain Equipment Co-Op Winnipeg, 303 Portage Avenue
- Alt Hotel Winnipeg, 310 Donald Street
- Second Cup, 254 Edmonton Street
- Holiday Inn and Suites Winnipeg Downtown, 360 Colony Street
Players can also visit the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ Info Tent at ManyFest September 6-8 to pick up a free golf ball, scorecard and pencil and a chance to win a $5 voucher from one of the nine participating Mini Peg Golf businesses.