WOULD YOU LIKE A WEEKEND GETAWAY?
Join the Downtown BIZ Weekend Enviro Team!
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that provides a clean and welcoming environment to everyone that visits our downtown. Be part of the solution by joining the Weekend Enviro Team!
The BIZ is looking for a hardworking person that loves working outdoors year round to take on the position of
Weekend Enviro Team General Maintenance (Litter Picker)
Start date: Immediately, Term ends December 31, 2015
Days/Hours: A part – time term position requiring 14 paid hours of work per week. Evening and day shifts will be required. Saturdays, 11:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. and Sundays, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Actual hours and days may vary depending on operational need and downtown events.
Rate: $12.25 per hour
– Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
– Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
– Agreeable to working a varied schedule
– Physically fit and active
– Enjoy working outdoors year round, in all types of weather
– Experience in general outdoor maintenance and plant care
– Comfortable operating hand tools and equipment as needed
– Solid work ethic, dependable, reliable
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required (mention in your resume)
Title: Weekend Litter & Maintenance Crew
Summary: Reporting to the Crew Chief and Maintenance Coordinator, the staff member will be responsible for the maintenance tasks as described below.
Days/Hours: A part-time position requiring up to 14 work hours per week.
The work is weekends: Saturday, 11:30 a.m. – 7:30 p.m.; Sunday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., including one hour of unpaid breaks per day.
Actual hours and days may vary according to operational need.
Wages: 12.25 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to work on time and to the Crew Chief at the start of each shift.
- Wear all uniform and safety equipment as required.
- Dress in appropriate uniform as provided.
- Pick up and dispose of litter on downtown sidewalks, parks and in bus shelters using equipment provided.
- Remove posters from light poles and other non-approved areas.
- Assist with the downtown flower program weeding and watering the annual flowers, as required.
- Transport and set up bistro tables and chairs to desired business locations.
- Assist with BIZ events as needed.
- Record statistics on duties performed.
- Record all maintenance/repair issues while working in the downtown and report to Crew Chief.
- Provide information and directions to downtown users.
- Follow all rules, regulations and policies of the Downtown BIZ.
- Perform all duties in a responsible manner.
- Maintain a valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID CLASS 5 DRIVER’S LICENSE. NO EXCEPTIONS!
If this sounds like you, email or drop off your resume by November 6th to:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue