Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
Retail Theft Prevention Coordinator
(Crime Awareness and Prevention Program)
The award winning Downtown Watch Program is comprised of a dynamic team of staff and volunteers, patrolling the downtown, serving as the extra eyes and ears for the police, interacting with the public and providing a presence that promotes a feeling of safety. An addition to the Watch team in 2015 will be members of the new Crime Awareness and Prevention Program (CAPP).
The mission of CAPP is to serve as a valuable link in the downtown offering the retail community assistance in reducing and preventing theft in their businesses’. The Retail Theft Prevention Coordinator will be responsible for engaging retail businesses in the downtown and providing them with up-to-date training, tactics and information related to reducing shoplifting. Are you the individual to join this dynamic program?
Under the direction of the Manager, Safety and Development or designate the individual will be responsible for the tasks as described herein. The position will work closely with the Downtown Watch and BIZ staff.
The position is full-time requiring thirty-five hours per week. The work week is generally weekdays 8:30-4:30, however actual hours and days of work will vary according to need and operational requirements. An occasional evening or Saturday may be required.
Specific Duties & Requirements:
- Liaise with retailers, parkade owners/operators and /or hotel owners/operators: host meetings, implement programming, etc.
- Compile, submit and communicate routine statistical data to management.
- Communicate with the Downtown Security Network Coordinator on downtown safety and security strategies, implementing extensive CCTV coverage.
- Communicate with management on all loss prevention issues.
- Ability to cooperate and work as part of a team.
- Lead the CAPP staff and volunteers, providing direction, coaching and mentorship.
- Communicate effectively with retailers; develop trust, credibility and rapport with store management and associates.
- Analyze situations; propose solutions and promote a positive environment.
- Conduct inspections/audits – retail stores, parking lots and parkades.
- Conduct training sessions and presentations for retailers and staff.
- Provide service to the businesses by visiting them, taking requests and providing follow-up.
- Update and identify new businesses with the assistance of the Watch and provide business contact information to receptionist.
- Other related duties as may be assigned from the Manager, Safety and Development or designate.
Salary: $18.50 per hour
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ