Sept. 9, 2022, Treaty No. 1 Territory, Winnipeg, MB – Downtown Winnipeg’s largest street festival is returning this weekend after a two-year break due to COVID cancellations. Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries ManyFest returns to Broadway and Memorial this weekend, Sept. 9-11, 2022.
Free to everyone and open to the public, this year’s event features some exciting new programming like a 3×3 basketball tournament and 300 Main’s Pup Patio, as well as old favourites like Food Truck Wars, family-friendly entertainment, the Lakeside Lounge, and more. Also new to ManyFest this year, Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is offering its Downtown Winnipeg BIZ Gift Cards with a special discount, only available over ManyFest weekend. The Gift Cards are accepted at nearly 200 downtown businesses.
“Welcoming ManyFest back downtown has been something we’ve been looking forward to for over two years,” says Pam Hardman, Director of Marketing, Engagement and Communications for Downtown Winnipeg BIZ. “The festival adds vibrancy and excitement to the neighbourhood and while we still have a long way to go for downtown to fully recover, ManyFest helps draw people to the area once again.”
Highlights for the 2022 ManyFest include:
- Food Truck Wars: Presented by the Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba, the 2022 line-up includes fantastic new mobile dining options.
- Lakeside Lounge: Lake of the Woods Brewing Company, along with Cargo Bar and other satellite bars on the ManyFest site, will feature craft beer selections as well as offer wine and coolers.
- Entertainment: Music all weekend long on the Lakeside Lounge and Winnipeg Folk Festival stages featuring live music and DJs. There’s also the Wonder Shows midway and NFL Sunday football on the big screen.
- MiniFest Family Zone: Presented by Red River Co-op, the Family Zone includes a vertical climbing wall, a bouncy house, balloon animals, Winnipeg Public Library’s Book Bike, City of Winnipeg Animal Services and more.
- NEW! 3X3 Basketball Tournament: Presented by 3×3 Nation, the tournament will include youth, wheelchair, and elite divisions.
- NEW! A live professional wrestling show on Saturday evening, including an opportunity to get photos taken in the ring.
- NEW! Presented by 300 Main, Pup Patio is a fenced-in, off leash dog area with activities and amenities for furry friends like kiddy pools, an agility platform, a water station, and more.
ManyFest runs Friday and Saturday from 11:30 a.m. to midnight and Sunday from 11:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Street closures for the event include Broadway between Osborne and Edmonton, along with Memorial Boulevard from Broadway to York. All streets will reopen in time for the Monday morning commute.
For more information about ManyFest, including performance and event schedules, visit ManyFest.ca.
– 30 –