Sept 10, 2018
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ Announces New CEO
The Board of Directors of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is pleased to announce the appointment of Kate Fenske as the Chief Executive Officer of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ commencing October 1, 2018. Kate replaces Stefano Grande who recently accepted the role of CEO of the Children’s Hospital Foundation of Manitoba.
“When we learned of Stefano Grande’s departure we knew it was going to take a special person to replace him. For those reasons we were thrilled to find someone of Kate Fenske’s calibre and have her join us so soon to make this as smooth a transition as possible,” said Downtown Winnipeg BIZ Board Chair Diana Wiesenthal.
Kate is widely recognized as a natural leader, team builder and collaborator. She has a strong background in consistently facilitating a path to common ground in highly complex business situations where diverse perspectives and long-standing division of interests existed.
Kate comes to us from CN Rail, were she was the Regional Manager of Public Affairs. Based in Winnipeg, she managed media relations for Western Canada and was responsible for municipal and provincial government relations across Manitoba. She also managed sponsorships, stakeholder engagement and community partnerships in the prairie region.
Because of her exemplary leadership, Kate was elected to be the incoming Chairperson of the Winnipeg Chamber of Commerce. Instead, she will now work closely with the Chamber in her new role as CEO of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ to continue to build a strong partnership between both organizations.
Mike Brown, Media Relations
Cell: (204) 558-1313; Call or Text Please
- Kate has also worked as a reporter, editor and producer at major local and national media outlets in Manitoba and Toronto including CTV Winnipeg
- She was also the communications advisor and manager for various charities, government and private and public agencies including MPI
- Kate is a broadcast journalist graduate from Mount Royal College in Calgary.
- In her spare time she is a dog therapy volunteer with her pup Reggie and pup Molly, who she is still training
- She is the founder of the 5ish Fun Run in support of West Broadway Youth Outreach
- Kate was born and raised in Manitoba and lives with her partner Liam in Winnipeg