May 18, 2016
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DOWNTOWN WELCOMES NEARLY 5,000 DELEGATES WITH POP-UP PARTY: BEST OF FEST DOWNTOWN
Downtown Winnipeg –Dubbed ‘Best of Fest Downtown,’ delegates attending Centrallia, the Liberal Biennial Convention, and Federation of Canadian Municipalities Annual Tradeshow will get a taste of what locals love most: food, food trucks, and festivals:
- What: Best of Fest Downtown
- Music: DJ A.O.K.S, Vikings, and more
- 10 food trucks, 15 farmers’ market vendors, buskers, visual art on giant screens
- Where: Carlton St. (between Broadway and York) and parking lot located behind Workers Compensation Board (333 Broadway)
- When: May 27 from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Why: Showcase downtown’s incredible arts, culture, and entertainment
Downtown is Winnipeg’s premier entertainment destination, where history meets the present and hundreds of thousands of people gather to experience arts and theatre, concerts and sporting events, and evenings submersed in thriving nightlife. Best of Fest also invites Winnipeggers to get a sneak preview of the musical talent and activities in store for them throughout the summer and to explore downtown restaurants nearby.
“As the friendly and hardworking host of the downtown, the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is ready to roll out the red carpet for these international delegates as they come here to meet and do business,” says Stefano Grande, Executive Director of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ. “While showcasing the very best Winnipeg has to offer, we will continue to keep our downtown clean, safe and accessible, and leave our guests with a positive and lasting impression of Downtown Winnipeg.”
– 30 –
Emily Ormonde, Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Phone: (204) 958-4626; Email: email@example.com