The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ promotes, cares, and advocates for a vibrant and inclusive downtown where business thrives and people are drawn to work, live, shop and explore. We host events throughout the year and work to beautify our downtown, improve cleanliness, safety, and help make it easier to get around. Our downtown is on Treaty 1 territory and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
Reporting to the Downtown Ambassador Supervisor, the Downtown Ambassador Team Lead is responsible for the coordination of tasks for the Downtown Ambassador program, on-shift supervision and coaching/mentoring of team members. The Team Lead works alongside the Downtown Ambassadors and Volunteers providing on the street customer service and support for all downtown businesses and members of the public by answering questions, promoting Downtown Winnipeg BIZ programs and services and businesses we serve.
- Mentor and coach Downtown Ambassadors and Volunteers.
- Ensure all staff and volunteers are completing assigned tasks and adhering to policy and procedures while on shift, report to the Supervisor any issues of concern.
- Provide direction to Downtown Ambassadors for any minor concerns brought forward by BIZ Members and escalating ongoing issues to the Supervisor.
- Take action on non-complex employee relation issues, escalating any major conflicts to the Supervisor.
- Communicate department and organizational updates and information to staff.
- Act as an on-street concierge for the downtown community answering questions regarding businesses, directions, parking, events and Downtown Winnipeg BIZ programs and services.
- Manage the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ kiosk at different locations, connecting with the public and promoting events, programs and downtown businesses.
- Establish and strengthen positive and proactive relationships with BIZ members, including in-person visits to businesses, soliciting feedback from members, and identifying solutions to address concerns.
- Assist with new member onboarding and orienting members to the services offered by the BIZ.
- Assist in the distribution and collection of BIZ surveys and promotional material.
- Identify new businesses and update the database.
- Experience supervising and leading teams is considered an asset.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, team building, and leadership skills.
- Organizational and planning skills, must be able to coordinate work and resources with a high degree of independence.
- Knowledge of Downtown Winnipeg is considered an asset.
- Ability to engage and connect with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds.
Conditions of Employment
- Able to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to remain in a stationary position over a prolonged period while managing the kiosk or assisting at events
- Able to physically move around downtown on assigned routes for the duration of the shift, in all weather conditions
Qualified Candidates should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include position title in the subject line. Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been selected.
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is committed to equity, diversity and accessibility in the workplace. We strive to have a team that reflects our downtown, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives are valued and drive a high standard of service and innovation. We encourage candidates to speak to this in their application.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.