The Downtown Community Safety Partnership (DCSP) is looking for an experienced and self-motivated administrative professional to join our team
The Administrative Coordinator provides a broad range of responsibilities and will play an integral role on providing the overall administrative and office support to members of the Downtown Community Safety Partnership.
This position will work closely with all team members of the Downtown Community Safety Partnership (DCSP) by maintaining office procedures including payroll, accounting tasks and processing paperwork. They will also be managing administrative duties, coordinating calendars, organizing meetings and assisting with multiple initiatives.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who will have a passion for staying organized and providing exceptional customer service to all guests and stakeholders. They will work closely with the Director(s) by executing payroll & benefits, performing daily accounting functions, and managing clerical duties. This individual will be able to anticipate the needs of the business and have the drive to build and implement administrative procedures. The selected candidate will act in accordance with the Core Guiding and Service Principles of DCSP and will be a passionate, trusted, and driven individual, valuing diversity.
• Support and execute the day-to-day operations by carrying out clerical duties, including answering phone calls, responding to emails, handling incoming and outgoing mail, and preparing documents
• Coordinate schedules and support meeting preparations (room bookings, preparation and delivery of agendas/materials/minutes)
• Maintaining and organizing company documents and filing systems
• Coordinate project deliverables and ensure that all necessary tasks and deadlines for each project are realized in an efficient and timely manner
• May interact with external stakeholders to execute standard daily transactions and exchange basic information
• Maintaining office supplies inventory and ordering as required
• Establish work priorities and ensure deadlines are met
• Provide administrative support to employees of DCSP
• Other Administrative projects that arise and duties as assigned
Payroll and Accounting
• Performing administrative tasks to ensure payroll processing is maintained, complete, accurate, and submitted on time for all employees
• Maintaining all employee payroll information to ensure accurate and current
• Managing and maintaining employee benefits during on-boarding/ off-boarding processes; answering employee inquiries when approached
• Managing organization records, including employee databases
• Performing day-to-day accounting tasks such as recording invoices, processing payments, bank deposits, and cash management
• Other Payroll and Accounting duties as required
• Develop and maintain working rapport with internal team and customers
• Incorporates a supportive teamwork mindset in execution of work
• Develop and maintain positive and respectful working relationships with fellow employees
• Work collaboratively within a team setting
• Provide guidance to new and current team members
• Greeting visitors upon arrival to the office
• Manage and maintain office cleanliness and sanitization; champion the protocols, guidelines and recommendations set by the Government regarding COVID-19. Follow up on restriction updates and ensure posters and information for the office space are up to date
• Support other projects/duties as assigned
• 2+ years’ experience in an administrative capacity
• At least 2+ years’ experience with payroll and benefits; knowledgeable on full payroll cycle, benefits, deductions, taxes (federal and provincial), statutory holidays, etc.
• Accounting experience is considered a strong asset
• Being a gifted organizer able to effectively manage multiple and completing demands (and deadlines)
• Highly proficient pc-based skills including filing (paper & electronic) and computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Excellent error-free data entry skills (50 + WPM) and overall attention to detail
• Ability to both take direction and be a self-starter capable of working independently
• Demonstrate excellent problem-solving and decision-making abilities that align with the Core Guiding Principles
• Exceptional customer service and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Sound judgment with the ability to maintain the outmost confidentiality, discretion and professionalism at all times
• Sound interpersonal skills and judgment allowing for timely, relevant and professional communication with various internal (colleagues, leadership team, board members) and external (suppliers, customer, etc.) stakeholders
• Personal flexibility in scheduling to allow for timely response and attention to matters that may require evenings and weekends from time to time
• Valid First Aid and CPR certification is considered an asset
• Diversity and inclusion training is considered an asset
• This role is subject to a Criminal Record Check, including Vulnerable Sector Search, and a Child Abuse Registry Check, to be produced prior to commencing employment
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, November 1, 2020. Please include Administrative Coordinator in the subject line.
We thank all that apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
The Downtown Community Safety Partnership is committed to Employment Equity. Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.