C.H.A.T. provides one on one support to individuals struggling with homelessness in the downtown area. Support is consistently delivered from a social model that respects the clients’ right to self -determination as they address the impact of barriers such as mental health issues, alcoholism and addiction in their lives. We strive to develop relationships of trust with our participants and work together to attain and sustain stable housing as well as identify issues from withdrawal management to mental health concerns, from treatment to housing needs.
We are currently recruiting for a full time Level 2 Outreach Worker who will work in collaboration with other agencies to provide support to people experiencing homelessness downtown.
Usual hours of work are Monday to Friday days but will need to be willing to transition to weekend and evening work to accommodate client and program development/transition requirements as needed.
- Provide ongoing support for clients to attain and maintain housing.
- Provide immediate response to distress or crisis situations.
- Provide information and referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Liaise with other Downtown Winnipeg BIZ programs, community agencies and businesses to fulfill program needs.
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with other professionals in order to coordinate a range of services for client needs.
- Complete intake assessments, develop action plans, and provide home visits with clients.
- Perform outreach duties covering certain areas of the downtown business improvement zone, assessing for potential clients in need of services.
- Maintain files, case notes, and daily statistics.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (professional and/or volunteer) working with vulnerable populations in a community or outreach oriented capacity.
- Demonstrated support for the client-centered approach in program development.
- Knowledge of social services organizations and community support resources for individuals experience homelessness.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Current CPR, MHFA, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and ASIST training considered an asset.
- Ability to walk multiple kilometers a day, including outdoors year round.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.