August 25, 2020, Winnipeg, MB – The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is showing the public that downtown is #OpenwithCare by providing businesses with PPE and materials to demonstrate their commitment to safety.
The #OpenwithCare toolkit includes:
- Disposable masks that can be given to customers free-of-charge
- Refillable hand sanitizer
- Door decals outlining provincial health guidelines
“We heard through our COVID-19 surveys that the safety of customers and staff are downtown businesses’ top concern,” says Kate Fenske, CEO of Downtown Winnipeg BIZ. “The Open with Care campaign and materials are there to help our member businesses demonstrate their commitment to operating safely.”
The campaign is designed to show customers that businesses are making health and safety a top priority. It’s no surprise that businesses have struggled through the pandemic. The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ hopes #OpenwithCare will encourage Winnipeggers to support local by shopping, eating and exploring downtown safely.
“We know Winnipeggers are making decisions about where they’re going to shop, eat, and seek essential services based on where they feel safe,” says Benjamin Gillies, one of the owners of Fools & Horses Coffee Co. “This Downtown Winnipeg BIZ campaign let’s folks know that we’re open, and taking all precautions to keep them safe. It builds trust.”
The public can also do their part to keep downtown #OpenwithCare by practicing physical distancing and washing or sanitizing their hands often, and staying home if they feel sick.
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ has contributed to pandemic-related assistance to businesses in the zone by:
- Offering a $1,000 micro-grant program to small businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19
- Providing designated curbside pickup locations
- Working with the city to provide one-hour free parking downtown
- Enhancing cleaning measures for high-traffic areas like bus shelters
Pamela Hardman, Director of Marketing, Engagement and Communications
Cell: 204-806-2506, Email: email@example.com