The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ’s mission is to promote, care and advocate for a vibrant and inclusive downtown where business thrives and people are drawn to work, live, shop and explore. Guided by our core values of respect, collaboration, innovation, excellence, and inclusion, our Board of Directors provides leadership and governance to the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ in achieving the organization’s mission and strategic plan. In addition to the standard roles and responsibilities of a board member, our board members are active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and Downtown Winnipeg.
We are currently looking for two new members to join our Board of Directors who are passionate about making a difference in our Downtown Community. Board member terms are two years in length.
- As per city by-laws, must be a member of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ (be an employee of or own a business operating within the boundaries of the zone)
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
- Able to strengthen the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ with expertise developed through previous board, business or professional experience
The ideal candidate will also demonstrate expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Indigenous Culture
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Financial Acumen
- Strategic Planning
- Public Policy
- Public Relations/ Communications
- Health Care
- Fund Development
- Social services / Community Development
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ board strives to attain a composition of board members that reflect the diversity of our Downtown. We encourage candidates to speak to this in their application.
- Attend all board meetings (8 meetings per year)
- Serve on one or more committees of the board and to actively participate in committee work
- Provide guidance in the development of Strategic Plans
- Stay informed on board matters and prepare for meetings
- Act in a professional manner in public settings that represents the best interests of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
- Participate in the CEO annual evaluation by providing objective feedback
- Fulfill fiduciary responsibilities
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their resume and letter of intent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Volunteer Board Member in the subject line.
For more information on our programs and services please visit: downtownwinnipegbiz.com/