The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for the administration and development of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ volunteer program. This position is responsible for the recruitment, orientation, and coordination for all Safety and Outreach volunteers.
- Develop and implement goals and objectives for the volunteer program which reflect the mission of the organization
- Recruitment and selection of volunteers for Downtown Winnipeg BIZ programs, including Downtown Watch, Host, and CHAT
- Provide orientation for volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers
- Facilitate the onboarding process for all volunteers
- Work collaboratively with the Supervisors/Leads of each of the programs to identify and implement appropriate training and tools to ensure volunteers are successful in their positions throughout their time as a volunteer
- Provide coaching and mentoring to ensure our volunteers are being provided the support they need
- Ensure that volunteer policies and procedures are followed
- Utilize and maintain a volunteer database for scheduling, record keeping, and statistical reports
- Work closely with team to assess the volunteer needs for each event and ensure adequate coverage for key areas
- Conduct ongoing evaluation of the programs and services delivered by volunteers and implement improvements and additional volunteer roles as necessary
- Plan and implement formal and informal volunteer recognition activities to recognize the contribution of volunteers to the organization
- Ensure that volunteers work in a safe, healthy, and supportive environment
- Develop and implement new volunteer roles within the organization
- Minimum one year related work experience plus two years post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in volunteer management, human resources, community development, or adult education.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including group presentation, facilitation skills, team building and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Must be able to plan, prioritize, and coordinate work and resources with a high degree of independence
- Strong computer skills including the ability to work with volunteer management software (experience with Volgistics is considered an asset)
For more information on Downtown Winnipeg BIZ or this opportunity, visit our website.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.