2 Positions Available: 1 Permanent Position, 1 Term Position ending May 14, 2020
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
Under direction from the Director of Safety & Outreach, and reporting directly to the Supervisor of Safety & Outreach, the Watch Supervisor will provide operational guidance, leadership, and administrative to the Watch ambassadors and volunteers. Working alongside the ambassadors, the Watch Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision and coordination of tasks for the Watch Ambassador program and Downtown Security Network.
- Provide daily supervision, guidance, and direction to Watch staff and volunteers.
- Perform foot patrol duties of the downtown area, being a visible presence and providing assistance to the public while providing guidance to staff.
- Take notes, submit statistics, write incident reports, and ensure staff have completed all statistics and reports while on duty.
- Identify safety concerns and relay issues to appropriate agencies.
- Undertake administrative duties for the Watch program including scheduling, inventory control and equipment checks.
- Identify operational weaknesses and opportunities; suggest and assist the Supervisor of Safety & Outreach in implementation of new policy and procedures.
- Provide customer service to the general public and BIZ members with the goal of enhancing safety in the downtown.
- Complete and maintain monthly and statistical reports for the Safety & Outreach department.
- Train and enforce all regulations, policies and procedures; provide coaching and feedback as required and report to the Safety & Outreach management team any issues of concern.
- Provide input for employee performance reviews.
- Facilitate new staff orientation and job training and assist in the coordination of classroom training for staff and volunteers.
- Under the direction of the Safety & Outreach management team, manage public safety software applications including TrackTik and Mass Notification system.
- Schedule and facilitate presentations to downtown businesses and the general public, providing information on safety programs offered by the BIZ and tips on personal safety.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in public/private safety, social sciences, community development, or management is considered an asset.
- Related work experience is considered an asset.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including team building and leadership skills.
- Organizational and planning skills. Must be able to plan, prioritize, and coordinate work and resources with a high degree of independence.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to work with safety software applications.
Conditions of Employment:
- Able to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Must be able to patrol on foot for 7 hours a day in all weather conditions
- Able to produce a clear criminal record and clear child abuse registry check prior to commencing employment
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with the position title to email@example.com
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.