- Full Time (35 hours/week) Term Position June 8, 2020 – August 28, 2020
- Rate of Pay: $13.50 per hour
Looking for a summer job opportunity? Join our Streetscape Team! In partnership with Urban Green Team the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is currently accepting applications for summer positions.
Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance & Cleanliness, this role contributes to making Downtown Winnipeg a vibrant and clean district through the continuous upkeep of outdoor public and private spaces. As a part of the Enviro team, the Streetscape Summer team members are mainly responsible for the planting and maintenance of flower beds and baskets, helping create an environment that is welcoming for those that live, work, and visit downtown.
- Undertake planting, maintaining, watering, dead heading, weeding and removal of the annual flowers and baskets
- Contribute to streetscape beautification through seasonal installations, up keep of floral displays and placemaking infrastructures
- Remove posters from bus shelters, light poles and other non-approved areas in the various districts
- Power wash and remove litter and debris in and around bus shelter
- Other duties as assigned including event set up and take down and infrastructure installation
- Valid Class 5 Full Stage Driver’s License
- Experience in the following areas is considered an asset: operating and maintaining small equipment, utility vehicles and tools, pressure washing, landscaping, and plant care
- Understanding of Safe Work procedures and practices
- Solid interpersonal, verbal communication, and customer service skills
Conditions of Employment
- Required to work outdoors in all types weather conditions
- Required to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods and over uneven terrain
- Physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position including shoveling, bending, reaching, crouching and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Due to grant criteria limitations through Urban Green Team, successful candidates must be 29 years of age or younger
For more information on Downtown Winnipeg BIZ or this opportunity visit us at www.downtownwinnipegbiz.com/careers
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter with the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are selected. Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.