Full Time Term Position (ending December 31, 2020)
Reporting to the Manager of Maintenance & Cleanliness, this role contributes to making Downtown Winnipeg a vibrant and welcoming district through the continuous upkeep of outdoor public and private spaces. As a part of the Enviro team, General Maintenance team members are mainly responsible for litter pick up and removal, helping create an environment that is clean year round for those that live, work, and visit downtown.
Primary Job Tasks:
- Keep downtown spaces (sidewalks, parks, bus shelters etc.) clean and safe by picking up litter, sweeping and clearing debris
- Assist with the transport, cleaning, repairs and installation of placemaking infrastructure
- Assist with event set-up and tear down
- Remove posters from non-approved areas as requested
- Assist with annual plant care including planting, weeding, deadheading, and trimming
- Provide information and directions to the public as requested
- Record and report any maintenance safety concerns related to sidewalks, streets, public infrastructure, and private property
- Record statistics on daily maintenance activities
- Experience in maintenance or cleaning is considered an asset
- Understanding of safe work procedures and practices
- Solid interpersonal, verbal communication, and customer service skills
Conditions of Employment
- Required to work outdoors in all weather conditions year round
- Required to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods and over uneven terrain
- Physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position including shoveling, bending, reaching, crouching and lifting up to 50 lbs
For more information on Downtown Winnipeg BIZ or this opportunity visit us at www.downtownwinnipegbiz.com/careers
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume and cover letter with the position title to email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are selected.
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.