JOIN THE DOWNTOWN BIZ STREETSCAPE TEAM!
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that provides a clean and welcoming environment to everyone that visits our downtown. Be part of the solution by joining the Streetscape Team!
The BIZ is looking for a hardworking, detail oriented person that loves working outdoors year round to take on a “jack/jill of all trades” position as a Streetscape Team Member.
Reporting to the Maintenance & Cleanliness Coordinator and Supervisor, the staff member will be responsible for gardening, décor, maintenance and cleanliness tasks to contribute to a more aesthetic downtown image.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Valid Class 5 Full Stage Driver’s License
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends as required
- Physically fit and active
- Enjoy working outdoors year round, in all types of weather
- Experience operating small equipment and tools, such as utility vehicles, pressure washers, snow plows and others as needed
- Aptitude to undertake small maintenance repairs
- Skilled in manual trades
- Experienced in landscaping and plant care
- Aptitude for painting and finishing work
- Understanding of Safe Work procedures and practices
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve in regards to the larger mandate
- Solid work ethic, dependable, reliable and able to work effectively without supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed
Hours: This is a full-time position requiring 35 hours per week (8 hours hisft, 1 hour unpaid break. Days and shifts vary from Monday to Sunday. Evening and weekend shifts will be required. Actual hours and days will vary depending on operational needs and events. After work/overtime hours may also be required as assigned, as per BIZ policies.
Start Date: Immediately
Rate of Pay: $12.70 per hour
See the full job description HERE.
If this sounds like you, please forward your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line by December 23, 2016:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
hr (at) downtownwinnipegbiz.com
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.