Are you a creative individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment? The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ wants your event creativity on our events team.
Title: Events Coordinator
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, Events and Communications, the individual will be responsible for creating, managing and executing events and event support.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Events and Promotions:
- Lead and coordinate BIZ Signature events and event partnerships as identified in the BIZ strategic plan, including but not limited to: planning, development, promotion, partnership, sponsorship, volunteer recruitment and overall event creation and management, as directed in the Strategic Plan.
- BIZ Signature Events include: Manitoba Liquor and Lotteries Manyfest, Downtown Farmers’ Market, Earth Day Clean-up, Canada Day Living Flag, Movies on Memorial, Downtown Drive-In, Downtown Tours, Fitness in the Park, Downtown Concert Series, Portage Alive Busking, Play Your Part.
- Manage Host It program applications, support and funding.
- Assist with third party events as required.
- Develop new event initiatives.
- Research and implement event and partnership initiatives related to timely opportunities.
- Package select events for divesting to partners.
- Communicate with suppliers in varying projects to obtain quotes and order materials, as needed.
- Coordinate BIZ involvement with independent contractors hired to manage special projects as required.
- Develop and maintain data relevant to events as needed.
- Implement event decorating, including shopping and ensuring decorations are properly stored and tracked after use.
- Manage event asset inventory.
- Manage events and promotion budget.
- Direct Events Assistant as required.
Marketing and Communications:
- Provide content for weekly Mingle enewsletter.
- Provide event calendar and website events updates as needed.
- Assist with Downtown Winnipeg BIZ promotions as needed.
- Other related duties that may be assigned by the Director of Marketing,
Events and Communications.
- Attend related meetings, events and functions as directed by the Director of Marketing, Events and Communications to promote the downtown and fulfill the BIZ mandate.
- Attend and assist with event related press conferences as needed.
- Attend Marketing & Events Committee meetings, preparing the room and taking minu
- Serve on committees as required.
- Related post-secondary education
- Demonstrated event coordination with ability to think outside the box
- Experienced in sponsorship procurement
- Demonstrated supervisory experience including volunteer coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic, positive and professional team-player
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of this position as well as the stress of this kind of position effectively
- Passionate about the downtown
- Self-directed, working with minimal supervision
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30pm – 4:30pm. Occasional evening or weekend work for events or meetings will be required.
To apply: If this sounds like you, please forward a cover letter outlining your event experience and resume by January 30, 2017:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
hr (at) downtownwinnipegbiz.com
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.