The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
As the Events Assistant you would provide direct support to our Events and Special Projects Coordinators including planning, coordination and on-site support. In this role you would be a part of the exciting events hosted by the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ such as Earth Day, Downtown Winnipeg Farmers’ Market, Downtown Winnipeg Night Market, Movies on Memorial, Fitness in the Park, ManyFest and more.
Our target start date for this role would be April 1, 2019 (no later than April 15, 2019) with and end date of September 13, 2019.
- Take the lead on planning and executing Fitness in the Park series and the Downtown Concert Series, with direction from the Event Coordinator
- Assist with event planning and implementation of Downtown Winnipeg BIZ signature events
- Assist in the coordination of contractors, suppliers, and performers
- Assist with set up and take down of all events as needed
- Provide support for other BIZ departments (specifically with infrastructure transport and set up)
- Take the lead on the event calendar on the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ website
- Track event inventory including third party requests for BIZ infrastructure
- Input Downtown Winnipeg BIZ events on third party websites for added promotion
- Attend related meetings, events and functions
- Other administrative work as required
- Training and/or post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in event management is considered an asset
- Possess a positive attitude with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Must be able to plan, prioritize, and coordinate work and resources while working independently
- Valid Class Five Drivers’ Licence
- Understanding of Safe Work procedures and practices
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work days, evenings and weekends are required
- Physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position including extensive walking and lifting up to 50 lbs
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, March 11, 2019.
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.