JOIN THE DOWNTOWN BIZ METRO ENVIRO TEAM!!
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly host that provides a clean and welcoming environment to everyone that visits our downtown. Be part of the solution by joining the Enviro Team!
The BIZ is looking for a hardworking person that loves working outdoors year round and is a “Jack or Jill of all trades” to take on the position of Enviro Team General Maintenance (Litter Picker)
Start date: March 16, 2015
Days/Hours: A full-time position requiring 35 paid hours of work per week. Days and shifts vary from Monday to Sunday. Evening and weekend shifts will be required. Actual hours and days will vary depending on operational need and events.
Rate: $11.50 per hour
– Minimum Grade 12 or equivalent
– Positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills
– Agreeable to working a varied schedule
– Physically fit and active
– Enjoy working outdoors year round, in all types of weather
– Experience in landscaping and plant care
– Skilled in manual trades
– Comfortable operating tools and equipment as needed
– Solid work ethic, dependable, reliable
– Valid Class 5 Driver’s License required (mention in your resume)
Title: Enviro Team Maintenance Crew (Litter Picker)
Summary: Reporting to the Maintenance & Cleanliness Coordinator and Maintenance Supervisor the
Staff member will be responsible for the maintenance tasks described herein that contributes to a cleaner downtown.
Days/Hours of Work: A full-time position requiring 35 work hours per week. Days and shifts vary from Monday to Sunday. Evening and weekend shifts will be required. Actual hours and days will vary depending on operational need and events.
Wages: 11.50 per hour
Duties & Responsibilities
- Report to work on time to the Maintenance Supervisor at the start of each shift.
- Wear all uniform and safety equipment as required.
- Dress in appropriate uniform as provided.
- Pick up litter throughout the whole downtown, keeping sidewalks and parking lots clear of debris.
- Clean bus shelters, disposing of litter.
- Clear snow and ice from various locations downtown.
- Assist with removal of ice and snow from bus stops, parking stations and trouble areas.
- Inspect all poles with hanging brackets weekly for wear and report to supervisor.
- Remove posters from light poles and non-approved areas.
- Clean up after the Winnipeg Police Service Horse Patrol.
- Assist with the downtown flower program as needed for installation, watering and removal of plants.
- Operate the weed-trimmer as required to remove unsightly growth.
- Operate a golf cart and pressure washer.
- Maintain a valid Class Five Driver’s License.
- Sidewalk and storefront washing.
- Assist with transport and installation of street furniture as required.
- Assist with the weekly cleaning, maintenance and assessment of sculptures on Portage Avenue.
- Record statistics on maintenance.
- Record all maintenance issues while working in the downtown and report to supervisor.
- Provide information and directions to downtown users.
- Assist with Placemaking Committee street projects, as needed.
- Assist with the set-up and take-down of events.
- Follow all rules, regulations and policies of the downtown BIZ.
- Perform all duties in a responsible manner.
- Other related duties as may be assigned.
DO NOT APPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A VALID CLASS 5 DRIVER’S LICENSE. NO EXCEPTIONS! YOU WILL NOT BE CALLED FOR AN INTERVIEW WITHOUT ONE.
If this sounds like you, email or fax your resume by March 6th to:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.