Full Time Permanent Position
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
Under direction from the Manager of Maintenance, Cleanliness & Placemaking, the Crew Supervisor will provide guidance, administrative support and leadership to all Enviro staff to contribute to a clean and vibrant downtown. Working alongside the Enviro Team members, the Crew Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision and coordination of tasks for the Enviro Team.
- Provide supervision, guidance, and direction, to the Enviro crew staff ensuring all work is completed safely.
- Assist the Manager of Maintenance and Cleanliness with daily operations.
- Train and enforce all regulations, policies and procedures; taking disciplinary measures as required and reporting to the Manager any issues of concern.
- Responsible for the performance management of Enviro team employees.
- Undertake administrative duties for the Enviro department including scheduling, payroll and reports.
- Coordinate with the Operations Supervisor to ensure staff training is up to date and documented.
- Liaise and coordinate with other BIZ departments to achieve organizational projects and goals.
- Undertake maintenance & cleanliness tasks including but not limited to: snow removal, sidewalk and bus shelter cleaning, litter removal, bio hazard clean up and syringe disposal, graffiti removal, plant maintenance, infrastructure installation, and event set up and take down.
- Minimum one year of experience in a supervisory role.
- Understanding of Safe Work procedures and practices.
- Valid Class 5 Full Stage Driver’s License.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including team building and leadership skills.
- Problem solving and customer service skills, able to work effectively without supervision.
- Experience in the following areas is considered an asset: operating and maintaining small equipment, utility vehicles and tools, pressure washing, plant care, painting, and finishing work.
Conditions of Employment:
- Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as required.
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods and over uneven terrain.
- Physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position including extensive walking, bending, reaching, crouching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
For more information on Downtown Winnipeg BIZ or this opportunity, visit us at www.downtownwinnipegbiz.com/careers
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please forward your resume and cover letter with the position title to email@example.com. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.