Downtown Winnipeg BIZ – Job Opportunity
Downtown Transportation Intern: Seasonal
Do you have a Summer Job Yet?
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is looking for hardworking young men or women to work full-time for twelve weeks as an intern, working on the implementation of Downtown Parking Strategies, Downtown Wayfinding, Bus is Better Promotion, Bike Friendly Business Program and more.
- Background in city planning, landscape architecture, architecture or comparable field
- Competent with Adobe Suites, Microsoft Word, GIS mapping and CAD programs
- Excellent knowledge of Downtown Winnipeg
- Solid work ethic, dependable, reliable and able to work effectively without supervision
Duties & Responsibilities:
Downtown Parking Strategies
- Assist with research, development and implementation of supportive strategies related to downtown parking, which may include (but not limited to):
- Educational campaign related to parking rate changes
- Off-street parking and alternative transportation solutions for evening workers
- Off-street parking and alternative transportation solutions for restaurant and retail patrons
- Parking validation program for restaurant and retail patrons
- Advocacy related to an enhanced Free Spirit Bus service
- Loading zone changes
- Assist with identifying precedents that connect wayfinding and marketing.
- Assist with the research and development of a strategy for promoting multi-modal connections between downtown businesses and other downtown attractions.
Bus is Better Promotion
- Assist with the implementation of the Bus is Better Promotion (May 30-June 6), in order to raise awareness and encourage ridership of Winnipeg’s transit and rapid transit services.
Bike Friendly Business Program
- To meet with downtown retailers to encourage growth for the Bike Friendly Business (BFB) program in order to create a more welcoming environment for cyclists in the downtown.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Manager, Placemaking, Cleanliness and Transportation.
When: Starting May 11, 2015 –July 31, 2015
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (some evenings and
Rate: $13.00 per Hour
If this sounds like you, send or drop off your resume to:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.