Part Time (17.5 hours per week) – Currently hiring for multiple positions
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ promotes, cares, and advocates for a vibrant and inclusive downtown where business thrives and people are drawn to work, live, shop and explore. We host events throughout the year and work to beautify our downtown, improve cleanliness, safety, and help make it easier to get around. Our downtown is on Treaty 1 territory and the homeland of the Métis Nation.
Downtown Ambassadors connect and provide on the street customer service and support for all downtown businesses and members of the public by answering questions, promoting Downtown Winnipeg BIZ programs and services and businesses we serve.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for Downtown Winnipeg, enjoys connecting with people, and loves going the extra mile to provide outstanding customer service.
- Act as an on-street concierge for the downtown community answering questions regarding businesses, directions, parking, events and Downtown Winnipeg BIZ programs and services.
- Respond to requests to provide courtesy walks, escorting individuals to their destination downtown.
- Manage the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ kiosk at different locations, connecting with the public and promoting events, programs and downtown businesses.
- Assist with Downtown Winnipeg BIZ and third-party events and programs.
- Establish and strengthen positive and proactive relationships with BIZ members, including in-person visits to businesses, soliciting feedback from members, and identifying solutions to address concerns.
- Assist with new member on-boarding and orienting members to the services offered by the BIZ.
- Assist in the distribution and collection of BIZ surveys and promotional material.
- Identify new businesses and update the database.
- Report safety, cleanliness or infrastructure concerns to appropriate BIZ department or external partner.
- Customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Downtown Winnipeg is considered an asset
- Ability to engage and connect with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
Conditions of Employment:
- Able to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Able to remain in a stationary position over a prolonged period while managing the kiosk or assisting at events
- Able to physically move around downtown on assigned routes for the duration of the shift, in all weather conditions
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include position title in the subject line. Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates have been selected.
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is committed to equity, diversity and accessibility in the workplace. We strive to have a team that reflects our downtown, where diverse abilities, backgrounds, cultures, identities, languages and perspectives are valued and drive a high standard of service and innovation. We encourage candidates to speak to this in their application.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis. This posting is available in alternate formats upon request.