ABOUT US: The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
OUR REQUIREMENTS: We are seeking a strategic leader who is passionate about people and downtown Winnipeg, someone who is a strong collaborator and consensus builder, and who has strong knowledge of frontline operations, public safety, and connecting community.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with extensive program management experience to grow and further develop already proven programs that provide value to our BIZ Members, the community, and all who work, live and play downtown.
- Minimum five years experience in a senior leadership role; University Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Exceptional leadership, coaching and mentoring skills to support a diverse and highly creative team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead strategic initiatives;
- Efficient and effective networking skills to maintain existing funding, and investigate and secure new funding avenues; as well as uniting diverse stakeholders on a common platform;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead an array of complex programs;
- Knowledge of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTED) principles is an asset.
- Lead the program managers with an emphasis on collaboration, planning, and developing capacity in strategic analysis and measurement;
- Set the vision and long-term strategic direction for all operational programs;
- Develop and oversee strategic safety initiatives based on best practices in collaboration with local police, private security partners, BIZ Members and community outreach organizations;
- Oversee the development of program budgets ensuring the continued financial viability of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ’s operational units through sound fiscal management;
- Lead proactive stakeholder engagement and develop new partnerships that serve BIZ Members and help achieve strategic plan initiatives;
- Work with Marketing, Events and Communications Department to develop an annual public relations and/or marketing campaign of each of the operational programs;
- Represent the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ publicly and build excitement and appreciation for all the services we provide.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their cover letter and resume including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, August 23rd, 2019. Please include the position title in the subject line.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those candidates who meet the requirements of the position to the degree preferred will be contacted.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.