Reporting to the CEO and a member of the Senior Management Team, the Director is responsible for the development, implementation and measurement of all long and short-term strategies relating to marketing, communications, and engagement. They also drive all media and public relations activities including representing the organization to the public, key stakeholders and business partners, while enhancing the visibility and brand of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ.
This position leads a cross-functional team in the execution of: graphic design, digital media, content development, website design, internal and external communications, event management and public member engagement.
OUR REQUIREMENTS: We are seeking a strategic thinker who is passionate about people and Downtown Winnipeg, a leader who is a strong collaborator, innovative problem solver and a data driven decision maker.
- Relevant post-secondary education in Marketing Communications or related discipline.
- 7 years of experience in marketing, communications or related industry.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and understand concepts, problem solve, and manage work with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership skills, with three years of experience in a leadership role.
- Develop and execute marketing and communications strategies to ensure all Downtown Winnipeg BIZ members and partners are up to date on programs, services and advocacy efforts as well as promote and encourage people to visit and stay downtown.
- Manage consistent expression of the organization’s brand; monitor and evaluate how the brand is perceived by members, stakeholders and the public.
- Oversee all advertising activities using appropriate delivery mechanisms to maximize reach and efficiency.
- Manage all media related communications including prompt response to media requests, proactive and strategic media pitches, drafting news releases, statements and key messages, and preparing leaders for interviews.
- Lead the development of an annual sponsorship strategy that attracts and retains sponsors for BIZ events, and ensure sponsorship commitments are met.
- Implement departmental performance metrics and tracking tools to measure results for future decision making.
- Develop and maintain the budgets for the Marketing, Engagement and Communications department.
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their cover letter and resume including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title in the subject line. Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.