Reporting to the Director, Marketing, Engagement and Communications, the Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for creating and executing a broad range of strategic marketing and communication initiatives. This position is primarily responsible for internal and external communications, media relations, and marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with a proven track record of project management, an innovative thinker and collaborative team player who is passionate about Downtown Winnipeg.
- Develop effective and innovative marketing campaigns to improve awareness and engagement and generate visibility for the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ brand.
- Lead the advertising activities of the Downtown Winnipeg BIZ to ensure consistency, creativity, clarity and that the appropriate delivery mechanisms are used to maximize reach and efficiency.
- Create and distribute regular communication pieces for BIZ members including e-newsletters, welcome packages, and program promotion communications.
- Promote BIZ member products, services and events through blog posts, newsletters, the website, social media and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Design Coordinator in the preparation of content, development, production and distribution of digital and print materials.
- Support the Director in media relations efforts including managing media requests, writing press releases, managing media contacts and tracking media mentions.
- Track metrics for all digital marketing efforts; analyze findings, identify trends and create recommendations to increase engagement.
- Relevant post-secondary education in Marketing, Communications or related discipline.
- 2+ years of experience in marketing, communications or related industry.
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including exceptional writing, editing and proofreading abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Understanding of digital platforms, including online and social media campaigns.
- Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to quickly learn and understand concepts, problem solve, take ownership, and manage work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, and CMS
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES should submit their cover letter and resume including salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title in the subject line.
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.