Community Homeless Assistance Team (CHAT)
Level II Outreach Worker (Full Time Permanent)
C.H.A.T. provides one on one support to individuals struggling with homelessness, as well as addictions, in the downtown area. Support is consistently delivered from a social model that respects the clients’ right to self -determination as they address the impact of barriers such as mental health issues, alcoholism and addiction in their lives. We strive to develop relationships of trust with our participants and work together to attain and sustain stable housing as well as identify issues from withdrawal management to mental health concerns, from treatment to housing needs.
We are currently recruiting a full time Level 2 Outreach Workers who will work in collaboration with other agencies to bring an individual from point of engagement to housing. This position will involve advocating on behalf of the client and working with a variety of members in the downtown community.
Usual hours of work are Monday to Friday days but will need to be willing to transition to weekend and evening work to accommodate client and program development/transition requirements as needed.
- Provide ongoing support for clients to attain and maintain housing.
- Provide immediate response to distress or crisis situations.
- Provide information and referrals to appropriate agencies.
- Liaise with other Downtown Winnipeg BIZ programs, community agencies and businesses to fulfill program needs.
- Foster and maintain excellent relationships with other professionals in order to coordinate a range of services for client needs.
- Complete intake assessments, develop action plans, and provide home visits with clients.
- Perform outreach duties covering certain areas of the downtown business improvement zone, assessing for potential clients in need of services.
- Maintain files, case notes and daily stats.
- Minimum 2 years outreach or related community experience working with vulnerable populations.
- Post-secondary education is considered an asset; with a preference of Social Sciences degree or a Social Work diploma.
- Demonstrated support for the client-centered approach in program development.
- Strong knowledge of social services organizations and community support that provide culturally sensitive supports to individuals.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Current CPR, MHFA, Non-Violent Crisis Intervention and ASIST training considered an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license (driver’s abstract required)
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.