ABORIGINAL ARTISTS WANTED FOR EXCITING NEW PROJECT!
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is launching a brand new Aboriginal Artwalk project this summer, and are looking for 10 Aboriginal Artists interested in having artwork on display in downtown storefronts. Artists can be of any age, of any experience (emerging or established), with artwork created in any medium. Artwork should somehow reflect the theme “WELCOME.”
Photo courtesy of Vision Quest Conferences Inc.
Interested Artists should submit a brief bio and headshot, brief proposal describing their project and how it reflects the “WELCOME” theme (one page max), and any relevant photos, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for proposals is Friday April 15 @ 5:00pm. Artists will be selected/notified on April 18, and will have until May 8 to create the artwork. The Artwalk will officially launch on May 17.
- Artists must be able to complete their artwork between April 18 and May 8.
- Artwork must somehow reflect the “WELCOME” theme.
- Artists will assume all costs associated with creating the artwork.
- Artists must agree to let Downtown Winnipeg BIZ display and promote their artwork, and themselves as the artist, for a three-month period beginning May 17.
- Artists will retain full ownership of their artwork, and will receive it back at the end of the three-month period.
- Artists will receive a small honourarium for participating.
- We welcome existing artwork already created by artists.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:
RoseAnna Schick, RAS Creative
Aboriginal Artwalk Coordinator
204-783-7600 / email@example.com