APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED – While we thank everyone who applied for this position the applications are now closed. If you have not been contacted for an interview know that we keep resumes on file for future positions for 90 days.
Job Posting: Sponsorship & Sales Professional
Are you a dynamic, motivated individual, passionate about our downtown? The Downtown BIZ wants you to bring your sales experience, professionalism and energy to increase the sponsorship and advertising sales for our programs to best promote downtown Winnipeg.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Sponsorship and Sales Professional will participate as a key member of an interdepartmental BIZ sponsorship team in the overall implementation and management of the Downtown BIZ sponsorship and advertising sales portfolio. Solicit business from potential sponsors and advertisers through the use of effective sales presentations, strategies, and prospective client identification.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with community partners, sponsors and advertising clients to generate revenue for the BIZ departments.
- Promote current BIZ programs and advertising vehicles aimed at securing sponsors and ad Sales.
- Prepare, plan and deliver clear and persuasive sales and sponsorship presentations to current and prospective clients
- Approach and secure prospective advertising revenue sources and maintain advertising inventory
- Support the execution and fulfillment of event and program related sponsorships and/or advertising in a manner that is consistent with the overall vision for the organization
- Work with appropriate departments to ensure fulfillment for sponsorship and advertising agreements
- Work with the Managing Director to develop and maintain up-to-date promotional materials for the Sponsorship and Advertising programs, including organizational overview materials, brochures, web copy, and other informational pieces
- Assist in the development and implementation of special promotions and marketing opportunities to support corporate partnerships and advertising programs
- Participate in sponsorship and advertising asset valuation process
- Maintain contracts and client database
- Provide Return on Investment (ROI) assessments for sponsorship agreements as required
- Coordinate with finance department and program managers to maintain billing and reporting
- Meet pre-determined sales targets and budgeted sales/revenue objectives
- Oversee the tracking and acknowledgement of in-kind donations
- Post-secondary education in Marketing/Sales, Commerce or Equivalent
- 2 years progressive experience in sponsorship, stakeholder relations or corporate sales, with a keen interest in professional services marketing.
Essential Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience functioning within an integrated sales, sponsorship marketing and stakeholder relations environment
- Ability to conceive, plan, and execute sponsorship and advertising programs
- Knowledge of the local corporate community
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation, and research skills
- Excellent organizational skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, while meeting all deadlines
- Work effectively in a team-driven environment and high energy workplace
- Strong time management skills and proven ability to coordinate dissemination of information between internal departments and outside sponsors and partner organizations
- Ability to interpret and convey diverse types of information: financial, marketing, design, development
- Solid planning, financial and budgeting skills
- Proven ability to negotiate successfully with a wide range of individuals and stakeholders
- Ability to collect, analyze and manage data
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced knowledge of Excel
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with own transportation/ automobile
The Downtown BIZ offers a competitive compensation package, DOQ. If you are motivated by excellence, have an entrepreneurial and creative approach to fundraising and are searching for a challenging, exciting career opportunity, look no further!
We invite you to submit your resume by January 3, 2016 to the attention of:
- Human Resources
- Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
- Visit www.downtownwinnipegbiz.com for further information