APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED – While we thank everyone who applied for this position the applications are now closed. If you have not been contacted for an interview know that we keep resumes on file for future positions for 90 days.
Want to be a part of Downtown Winnipeg’s voice? As the Marketing & Communications Coordinator, you will help to positively influence the perceptions of those coming downtown to work, live, learn, and experience, and will add to downtown’s tremendous revitalization efforts.
Are you a dynamic, motivated individual that likes working in an open and idea-driven environment? Have a knack for writing fresh stories for diverse target audiences and under tight deadlines? Have the ability to promote complex ideas and initiatives using a wide assortment of social media and marketing tools?
Title: Marketing & Communications Coordinator
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Managing Director, responsible for supporting and executing a broad range of marketing and communication projects. In addition to the support of the marketing department, the position will be responsible for online marketing initiatives, including paid search advertising, web campaigns and social media relations.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide overall support to Managing Director in administrative functions as directed.
- Under the direction of the Managing Director, coordinate the advertising efforts of the BIZ; ensure creativity, clarity, consistency, and appropriate delivery of advertising messages
- Support and collaborate with department staff to develop effective marketing and creative strategies
- Work with the Marketing & Design Coordinator and Events Coordinator, as well as coordinate and liaise with marketing suppliers
- Audit and maintain BIZ member database
- Promote BIZ member products and services through Downtown Magazine or other appropriate marketing vehicles
- Execute tours as a regular promotion with a restaurant emphasis
Digital Marketing Leadership
- Develop and execute innovative digital marketing strategies to improve awareness and engagement and generate visibility for the Downtown brand:
- Downtown Peggy Face book, Twitter, Blog and Instagram
- Downtown BIZ Face book, Twitter, YouTube and website
- MEMO and Mingle e-mail campaigns
- Face book/Twitter paid search advertising
- Track metrics for all digital marketing efforts-establishing benchmarks for each, and work closely with department staff to analyze findings, identify trends and recommend course of action, in collaboration with staff who may be assigned the same
- Support in the preparation of concept, arrange development, production and distribution of materials; produce appropriate print information pieces including brochures, pamphlets, posters, newsletters and annual report
- Assist Managing Director by preparing regular communication pieces for BIZ members (e.g. Memo e-newsletter, Welcome packages, program promotion communications)
- Prepare copy about the Downtown BIZ for external publications (non-Advocacy)
- Assist in preparing all aspects of the production of the Annual Report
- Assist in preparing general public relations and communications as required regarding BIZ programs, events and downtown issues
- Coordinate, in partnership with the Managing Director, all aspects of BIZ downtown surveys
- Prepare the weekly BIZ e-newsletter
- Coordinate the creation of speeches for all BIZ departments for purposes like press conferences, events and announcements, in partnership with Program Managers where appropriate
- Prepare regular BIZ stories as assigned
- Support the Managing Director in Media Relations efforts
- Handle RSVPs for meetings, information sessions and events
- Ordering of refreshments for meetings and room set-up
- Prepare meeting notices, agendas, review of the minutes and follow-up correspondence for the Marketing and Events Committee
- Work with Managing Director on events and other initiatives
- Other related duties as assigned at the discretion of the Managing Director
If this sounds like you, email or drop off your resume by January 10, 2016 to:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
FAX – 958-4630
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.