APPLICATIONS NOW CLOSED – While we thank everyone who applied for this position the applications are now closed. If you have not been contacted for an interview know that we keep resumes on file for future positions for 90 days.
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated individual, passionate about our downtown? The Downtown BIZ wants you to join our team to assist with events and promote downtown Winnipeg.
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Events Assistant will assist the Events Coordinator/ Events Department undertaking all tasks as described herein. The position will report to the Events Coordinator but take direction from the Managing Director, dependent on program needs.
Work Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 – 4:30, 35 hours per week. Evening
and weekend work for events and meetings will be required.
Wage: $18.00 per hour
- Related education or experience
- Prior event coordination or assistance
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Provide incredible customer service
- Self-directed and confident
- Enthusiastic, positive and professional team-player
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with event implementation for Downtown Concert Series, Downtown Drive-In, Movies on Memorial, Downtown Farmers’ Market, Canada Day, Holiday Promotions, major national events, and new initiatives under the Events Department.
- Assist with ManyFest/ Ciclovia event, particularly organizing community participants, fitness, kid zone and activities.
- Take lead in Fitness in the Park and contact and coordinate all appropriate parties involved.
- Assist in the coordination of the Downtown BIZ Annual General Meeting event logistics and preparation of related materials.
- Assist in the coordination of contractors hired to partner with special projects as required.
- Assist with meet and greet of performers and suppliers at all events.
- Assist with BIZ promotion, prizes and overall event coordination.
- Assist with set up and take down of all events when applicable.
- Provide high energy and excellent customer service at BIZ events.
- Identify and formulate list of prominent events downtown.
- Implement event & program decorating, including shopping and ensuring decorations are properly stored/tracked after use.
- Track event inventory and infrastructure and organize storage for items with Metro Enviro Team.
- Data Entry, as needed (Key Contacts per event, Event Vendors, Mingle Subscribers from event ballots, etc.)
- Input BIZ events on Downtown BIZ website as well as third party websites for added promotion.
- Input BIZ events on internal BIZ Calendar.
- Expected to attend related meetings, events and functions, representing the BIZ, as directed by the Events Department, to promote the downtown and fulfill the BIZ mandate. (work related will be paid, social on own time, unpaid)
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Managing Director.
If this sounds like you, email or drop off your resume by December 27, 2015 to:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
FAX – 958-4630
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.