Downtown Farmers Market Coordinator
Are you a dynamic, motivated individual, passionate about our downtown? The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ wants you to join our team to coordinate the Downtown Farmers Market!
Title: Coordinator, Downtown Farmers Market
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Downtown BIZ Events Department the individual will be responsible for the tasks as described herein. The position will report to the Events Coordinator.
Contract dates: December 1, 2015 – December 31, 2016
Average of 10 – 15 hours per farmers’ market
$13-15/hour based on qualifications and experience
- Related education or experience
- Demonstrated event coordination
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Exceptional organizational and problem solving skills
- Enthusiastic, positive and professional team-player
- Physically fit and handles stress effectively
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate in the coordination of Downtown Farmers Market under the direction of the Downtown BIZ Events Department.
- Contract, recruiting and ongoing communication with market vendors and market locations (including communication related to loading/unloading, parking, vendor spaces, rules, etc.).
- Creating vendor layout for each market date.
- Providing a weekly market vendor list to the Downtown BIZ.
- Attending each market and serving as the primary vendor contact and site manager.
- Assist BIZ staff with other market duties as needed.
- Other market duties may be assigned.
If this sounds like you, email or fax your resume by November 20, 2015 to:
Rose Dominguez, Events Coordinator
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.