Your safety is so important to your Downtown Winnipeg BIZ and there are many services and service organizations dedicated to serve the community.
Your downtown safety includes:
– Downtown Winnipeg BIZ Watch Team – a 25 member team, plus hundreds of volunteers, who serve as Ambassadors patrolling downtown streets from 8:30am to 11:00pm every day. These safety ambassadors, dressed in red and black, are happy to provide assistance and safewalks. Just ask! For a SafeWalk, call 958-SAFE (7233).
– Community Homeless Assistance Team (CHAT) – Eight outreach workers, connecting those at risk to social agencies and social providers.
– Winnipeg Police Service – Sixteen foot patrols are now downtown, in addition to the additional Police support. Last month the Winnipeg Police Service committed to providing more resources through a new downtown safety strategy called CentreLine.
– Cadets – Two dedicated Cadets are always downtown, along with many other Cadets providing support when they’re not in demand in other place in the City.
– Downtown Safety Network – This network, made up of local businesses and Property Owners, is an information sharing system, sharing Police updates, best practices, timely information and more with downtown businesses.
– CCTV camera system – This system includes CCTV cameras throughout the downtown.
– Parksafe – A new partnership with Impark that includes extra visibility, patrols and safety in downtown parking lots and parkades.
Read more about safety in downtown Winnipeg HERE.