Fredette’s Family Food
120 Donald Street
The Forks Market
A Manitoba landmark and popular tourist destination. This former stable is home to shops selling handmade jewellery, clothing, crafts, fresh produce, baked goods and meat. Enjoy international dining. 942-6302.
Downtown Farmers’ Market
Enjoy the Market Thursdays throughout the year where you can find products that you’d find in the categories of Make It, Bake It, Grow It. Click HERE for all of the upcoming Market dates.
Convenience stores, specialty and smaller grocery stores:
- Carlton Food Mart, 30 Carlton Street
- Colony Supermarket, 219 Colony Street
- Edmonton Convenience Store, 77 Edmonton Street
- Handy Mart, 200 Main Street
- Handy Mart, 190 Smith Street (Place Louis Riel)
- Hargrave Food and Deli, 33 Hargrave Street
- Hi-Rise Handy Mart, 521 St. Mary Avenue
- Holiday Foods, 160 Hargrave Street
- Inner Convenience, 433 Main Street
- Oriental Market & Company Ltd., 268 King Street
- Sam’s Foodfare, 81 Garry Street (Fort Garry Mall)
- Sun Food Mart, 74 Donald Street
- Sun Wah Supermarket, 303 King Street
- Wah Hing Grocery, 228 King Street
The YMCA – YWCA
301 Vaughan Street (also accessible through Portage Place)
The centrally located Winnipeg’s oldest Y, the Downtown YMCA has been actively serving the community since 1912. The modern state-of-the-art, 80,000-square-foot facility is equipped with an aquatics centre with a 25-metre, five-lane pool, a family pool and a hot tub, multiple gyms, fitness centre, running track, squash and racquetball courts, and full-amenity locker rooms. Accessible from the street or from the second floor of Portage Place, the YMCA – YWCA offers a great way to fit your work out into your day. 204-947-3044.
Assiniboine Athletic Club
Plus join us Monday-Friday from June-August for Fitness in the Park, every lunch hour in the downtown.
- The Downtown Spirit bus shuttles you around downtown…for free!
- 2 kilometres of indoor walkway systems connect you from the Bay to Portage & Main
- 56 Winnipeg Transit routes go downtown
- Over 250 bike racks downtown
- Over 32,000 parking stalls downtown
- Monthly parking ranges from $80-$170 per month
- Central location: less than 25 minutes from anywhere in the city
- Winnipeg James A. Richardson International Airport if less than 15 minutes away