Job Title: Supervisor, Safety & Outreach
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
Under direction from the Director of Safety & Outreach, the Supervisor will provide operational guidance, administrative support and leadership to all Safety & Outreach staff and volunteers. The Supervisor is responsible for the daily supervision, administration, and coordination of tasks for the WATCH & HOST Ambassador program, Downtown Security Network and Volunteer program.
- Provide supervision, guidance, and direction to safety and outreach staff.
- Undertake administrative duties for the Safety and Outreach department including scheduling, payroll, budgeting, and invoicing.
- Identify operational weaknesses and opportunities; suggest and assist in implementation of new policy and procedures.
- Build relationships with the general public and business partners with the goal of enhancing safety in the downtown.
- Create and maintain monthly reports for the Safety and Outreach department.
- Train and enforce all regulations, policies and procedures; taking disciplinary measures as required and reporting to the Director any issues of concern.
- Ensure staff and volunteers complete assignments, reports, and statistics.
- Arrange, set up, and facilitate all necessary training for staff and volunteers.
- Manage and distribute uniforms, including ordering, invoicing, and tracking inventory.
- Liaise and coordinate with other BIZ departments to achieve organizational projects and goals.
- Post-secondary education in a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience in public/private safety, social sciences, human resources, community development, or management is an asset
- Minimum one year of prior related work experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, including team building and leadership skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills. Must be able to plan, prioritize, and coordinate work and resources with a high degree of independence
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations with the position title to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.