Job Title: Streetscape Detailer – District Operator
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that improves the perception of downtown by providing a welcoming environment, keeping things clean and safe, and advocating for continuous and positive change.
The District Operator will be responsible for gardening, décor, maintenance and cleanliness tasks to contribute to the overall image of the downtown. This position maintains the continuous upkeep of public and private spaces to contribute to a cleaner and more appealing image in various districts of the downtown.
- Install and maintain downtown site furniture including patios, cigarette disposal receptacles, bicycle racks, plants and other.
- Prepare, install, clean and maintain downtown flower beds and nearby areas
- Undertake annual plant care on downtown sidewalks including planting, weeding, deadheading, trimming on a regular basis.
- Clean graffiti in the various districts
- Upkeep the district sidewalks as well as any other public or private spaces as assigned, clear waste, snow, ice, litter, debris and other unsightly issues.
- Clean bus shelters and bus stop areas, year round.
- Valid Class Five Drivers’ Licence
- Experience operating small equipment and tools, such as utility vehicles, pressure washers, snow plows and other as needed
- Experience in landscaping and plant care
- Skilled in manual trades
- Understanding of Safe Work procedures and practices
- Possess a positive attitude with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
- Ability to work days, evenings, and weekends as required
- Ability to stand or walk for prolonged periods and over uneven terrain
- Physically capable of performing the duties and responsibilities of the position including walking, shoveling, bending, reaching, crouching and lifting up to 50 lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity please forward your resume, cover letter, and wage expectations with the position title to email@example.com by Sunday, August 26.
Applicants should identify if they require accommodation during the competition process on a confidential basis.