The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is seeking an enthusiastic and creative individual to join our team to assist the coordinator in a variety of projects promoting vibrant, healthy and holistic streetscapes and environments in the downtown. The position involves a mix of site visits, public engagement, event coordination, office work and meeting with downtown business people for our Placemaking and Transportation departments.
- A positive, outgoing attitude
- Degree in Environmental Design, Landscape Architecture, City Planning or related design education
- Related project and design experience
- Computer proficiency primarily related to: Adobe Suites and Vector Works/Auto CAD as well as social media and Microsoft Office
- Basic photography acumen
- Willingness to help plan placemaking events and promotions
- Exceptional organizational skills, attentive to visual details
- Confident public oral communicator, with strong writing capabilities
- Professional, self-assured demeanor, representing the Downtown BIZ
- Proven responsible self-starter and team player
- Drivers License considered an asset
Start date: ASAP 6 month term, with possibility of extension
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Rate: $16.00 per hour
Submit your resume by January 22, 2018 to: Human Resources email@example.com
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.