Are you a creative individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced dynamic environment? The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ wants your design and writing creativity on our marketing team.
Title: Marketing and Design Coordinator
Position Summary: Under the direction of the Director of Marketing, Events and Communications, the Marketing & Design Coordinator will assist in the coordination and implementation of design and communication for BIZ programs, promotions and events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Communications and Marketing:
- Provide in-house creative writing, design and coordinate production for BIZ signage, brochures, logos, posters, event materials, advertisements, annual report, social media and website assets and more.
- Provide in-house creative design and coordinate production for all BIZ programs as directed.
- Managing the quoting process and execution with suppliers for printing, promotional materials and signage, following BIZ procedures.
- Provide photography for BIZ events and programs.
- Assist in the strategic development, design and implementation of branding and brand re-developments within the BIZ.
- Provide support in updating and maintaining the BIZ websites.
- Support the creation of content and updates including providing copy and images for BIZ social media accounts and websites.
- Provide support to BIZ communications needs including writing, editing, etc.
- Assist with media relations including media releases, press conference and more.
- Assist the Director or Marketing Consultants with writing requests, advertising campaigns, photo shoots, etc. as necessary/ requested.
- Attend meetings, events, and functions as required to promote the downtown and fulfill the BIZ mandate.
- Assist with special projects as assigned.
- Other related duties as may be assigned by the Director, Executive Director or designate.
- Post-secondary education in graphic design or related education with design and communications
- Familiarity with InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite, Photoshop, WordPress and photography is an asset
- Skilled in photography and social media
- Creative, hard-working, adaptable, social, professional team-player
- Self-directed, working with minimal supervision
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Enthusiastic, positive and professional team-player
- Passionate about the downtown
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30pm – 4:30pm. Occasional evening or weekend work for events or meetings will be required.
To apply: If this sounds like you, please forward one PDF file that includes your cover letter, resume, three samples of design work and one writing sample with the position title in the subject line by December 27, 2016:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
hr (at) downtownwinnipegbiz.com
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.