JOIN THE DOWNTOWN BIZ METRO ENVIRO TEAM!!
The Downtown Winnipeg BIZ is the friendly and hardworking host that provides a clean and welcoming environment to everyone that visits our downtown. Be part of the solution by joining the Enviro Team as the new District Operator!
The BIZ is looking for a hardworking, detail oriented person that loves working outdoors year round to take on a “jack/jill of all trades” position as District Operator.
This position performs semi-skilled work in general maintenance & cleanliness, including snow/ice clearing, sidewalk sweeping, graffiti removal, bus shelter cleaning, litter picking, repairs of site furnishings and plant care in the outdoor environment of Downtown Winnipeg. You must be skilled in a variety of manual trades, e.g. mechanical, finishing, painting, landscaping, and any extra talents you bring with you. The job entails physical labour in the continuous upkeep of the public and private spaces as part of a more attractive downtown.
- Minimum Grade 12
- Valid Class 5 Full Stage Drivers’ Licence
- Able to work days, evenings and weekends as required
- Physically fit and active
- Enjoy working outdoors year round
- Experience operating small equipment and tools, such as utility vehicles, pressure washers, snow plows and other as needed
- Skilled in manual trades
- Aptitude to undertake small maintenance repairs
- Experienced in landscaping and plant care
- Aptitude for painting and finishing work
- Understanding of Safe Work procedures and practices
- Positive attitude with strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to problem solve in regards to the larger mandate
- Solid work ethic, dependable, reliable and able to work effectively without supervision
- Willingness to learn new skills as needed
Start date: Immediately
Hours: This is a full time position requiring thirty five hours (35) per week. The hours and days of work will vary according to the district schedule and operational requirements. Evenings and weekends will be a normal aspect to the position, at any time as assigned. After work/overtime hours may also be required for special events as assigned, as per BIZ policies.
Rate: $15.30 per hour
Complete job description click here.
If this sounds like you, please forward your resume and cover letter with the position title in the subject line by July 15, 2016:
Downtown Winnipeg BIZ
426 Portage Avenue
Please be advised only those selected for an interview will be contacted.